cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HFg40 for live stream (webcam)

NodakJack
Apprentice

HI all,

I purchased a Vixi HF G40 and was told I could use it to livestream through my computer. I can't figure out how to do it. I feel as if thegre is a menu setting that I am missing.

It doesn't work via HDMI at all (the internet says HDMI on a computer is out only, so that makes sense. 

I connect via USB and have it the on/off swicth set to "camera," and windows doesn't recognize it at all.

I connect and turn it to "media"  and the windows thinks its a disk drive. 

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VideoGeek
Mentor

You may need a video capture device to livestream with the VIXIA HF-G40.  The capture device would go between the computer and the camcorder.  As has already mentioned, ask the person who told you this how it can be done.  There are some video capture cards that have an HDMI in port.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did the salesperson tell you that?  I would go ask that person.  I do not know if the model can do "live stream" or not.  I do know that my son and his wife somehow turned their HF-G62 into a baby cam, so they can monitor the baby's crib from anywhere on the house on their iPhones.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

VideoGeek
Mentor

You may need a video capture device to livestream with the VIXIA HF-G40.  The capture device would go between the computer and the camcorder.  As has already mentioned, ask the person who told you this how it can be done.  There are some video capture cards that have an HDMI in port.  

Thanks everyone. I spoke to canon and I do, indeed, need a video cature device. I was simply misinformed.

I've purchased one and hopefully things will work as I want. 

Jack

Sir:

Would you please recommend a video capture device for my Vixia HF G40.  I am attempting to figure out how to stream on Facebook.  So far no luck.

Thank you,

David

stacyhavner
Apprentice
Did anyone figure out if livestreaming is possible with the vixa hf g40 and a capture device? I habe both but i am still having no luck. Any suggestions?

What capture device do you have?  What have you tried so far?  Be as specific as possible.

When I connect the camera to a monitor I have no problem getting a picture.

I have two different capture devices. The first one is -

Electop Video Capture Devices HDMI to USB 3.0 Full HD Live Video Capture Game Capture Recording Box Dual HDMI USB 3.0 Adapter Video & Audio Grabber for XBOX PS4

When I connect the camera to the compture via this device I can find the device in OBS but it does not give a picture. It also does not display anyting on the monitor. 

The second device I have is the elgato HD60S. When I connect the camera to this device it does NOT find it in OBS and it does not find a picture in the software download for the device. 

I have tried my DLSR camera with both devices and it will pick it up for streaming. I cannot get it to find the Vixia HF G40 video camera. I have tried changing the FPS on both the camera and OBS and I am still having no luck. 

The HDMI Status on the camers just has lines on both the video and audio output.

What did you do to get it to wor? Did you change any of the setting on the camera?

Announcements