cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HFG30 Audio feedback, HDMI cable through external monitor's speakers back through camera mic

tstevens85045
Apprentice

I use an external 7" monitor on my tripod to view live video while recording. I connect an HDMI cable from the camcorder to the monitor. However, HDMI also sends audio which then gets played back on the speakers of the external monitor and this audio then gets picked up again by the camcorder's microphone and I get that annoying squeel of audio feedback.

I have found that I can plug in audio earphones to the monitor to cut out the monitor's speakers but this is not convienient. 

I want to record the audio so disabling the camera's microphone is not an option

Is there a way to mute the audio output of the HDMI cable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I suggest you read the instructions. Having just looked at the user manual on the Viltrox website, you can turn the volume down in the menu settings. It is set at a default of 50%.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Yeah, try turning down, or OFF, the volume on the monitor.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

tstevens85045
Apprentice
Seriously dude? If there was a volume control on the monitor I wouldn't be posting this. Monitor was purchased on Amazon, Feelworld FW759 7 inch Ultra HD 1280x800 IPS Screen Camera Field Monitor, no volume control.

Hi there.

I know that this is an old post, but i was wandering if you ever solved your problem.

And yes, i have the same problem to. Smiley Indifferent

Very annoying.

I have also a 7'' external monitor for my camera, and i also need the sound.

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables, but i guess that they are not the problem.

If there is anyone who knows the sollution, than please tell me. Smiley Very Happy

Kind regards, Joska.

20170915_165449.jpg

Without a way of turning down or muting the monitor there is not a lot you can do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

Thanks for your reply.

The only way i can fix it is to place them 1 meter appart.

But that is not how i like to use it.

I suggest you read the instructions. Having just looked at the user manual on the Viltrox website, you can turn the volume down in the menu settings. It is set at a default of 50%.

Thank you very much.

I didn't know that.

As there was no volume control button, i asumed that it had no sound at all.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out here.

Much appreciated. Smiley Very Happy

IamintheUK.

Well done mate!

You 've nailed it and scored lots of kudo's from me. Smiley Wink

I didn't even know half how good this little monitor is, but now i do! Smiley Very Happy

There are many setting opportunities that may come in handy.

Now i am even more pleased with my Viltrox than i was before.

Thanks again.

You're very welcome.

Announcements