cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R82 can't save recordings using an iPhone7 and the Camera Connect app

mbeckman
Apprentice

I follow the instrutions to get the Camera Connect app connected to my R82, but once it's connected, there is no access to any recorded videos, just still images. When I click "Camera Settings" I get the error "This function cannot be used with the currently selected camera." The same message occurs when I select "Remote live view shooting". 

This seems at odds with Canon's Feature Guide for the R82, which clearly states:

Built-in Wifi

Built-in Wi-Fi® technology on the VIXIA HF R82 camcorder lets you easily share your HD video with friends and family. Connect with compatible networks and devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app*. Share videos and photos with CANON iMAGE GATEWAY# – a free online photo storage service that lets you upload to social networking sites. For easy file transfer, you can also use CameraWindow DC to directly save your videos and photos to your computer.

However, there do not seem to be any of these functions available. I registered for the Canon iMage Gateway service, but hte Camer Connect app has no place to enter my credentials. But more importanly, it also has no way to reach the Internet, since the only connection method offered is the built-in WiFI hotspot in the R82.

Please, somebody provide correct instructions for using this app.

1 REPLY 1

canontr
Apprentice

I have the same problems.  However remember that you also need to download Pixela CameraAccess  Plus to be able to control live shooting with R82.  I have downloaded this program and it does not recognize my R82,  and the Canon Connect app says remote control of live shooting is not available with the R82.  

Announcements