Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Vixia HF R72 - How do I transfer video recorded in mp4 to computer or copy it to an SD card?

Image Capture is a quick work-around. Se longer how-to in forum.
New Contributor

Re: Vixia HF R72 - How do I transfer video recorded in mp4 to computer or copy it to an SD card?

I too have hit the wall, trying to transfer files from my Vixia HF R72 to i-movie. No one seems to have an answer. Very disappointed; lost some very valuable video 3 times now. What next ... any suggestions ?

Help !

Super Contributor

Not sure this will help everyone but it works for me.  I downloaded and installed MPEG Streamclip (http://www.squared5.com) and am able to import .MP4 clips into iMovie.  You should not have to convert the file into any other format after installing MPEG Streamclip.  Avoid downloading the program from a site other than squared5 as squared the program developers site.  

ekz
New Contributor

Just bought this camera and had the same problem with it not showing up in Finder when using USB cable. If I removed the memory card, however, it did show up.

I tried your very clear work around and it worked great.  Thank you.

I also deleted from Image capture.  Is that the best way to delete?

Also, do I have to clean out the memory card so that it's totally available ? If so, how?

And... finally do I somehow do "first aid" on the memory card to make sure it's working at full capacity?

Thanks again

Honored Contributor

ekz wrote:

Just bought this camera and had the same problem with it not showing up in Finder when using USB cable. If I removed the memory card, however, it did show up.

I tried your very clear work around and it worked great.  Thank you.

I also deleted from Image capture.  Is that the best way to delete?

Also, do I have to clean out the memory card so that it's totally available ? If so, how?

And... finally do I somehow do "first aid" on the memory card to make sure it's working at full capacity?

Thanks again

I suggest that you download the instruction manual.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
ekz
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  VERY VERY VERY frustrating.

I tried the suggestion of opening image cpature, but the camera files are showing up as wav files, not video.  Any reason why this should happen.

Calling Canon tomorrow and if I can't get this more relabily to work will return it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi i have a hf r72 as well my question is is it possible to upload a video on the web without connecting to a wifi