cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R700 Image Shakes

sprisco
Apprentice

I bought a couple of these based on the reviews to use to record concerts that I promote. However, when on tripods, the vibration from the music causes the image to distort on both cameras. They are exceptionally light but I have never had this issue before with any other camera, including my phone. If you hold the camera there is no problem.

I tried weighting the tripods with sandbags - which helped a bit but not enough. 

Not sure if anyone else has this issue and has come up with a solution but any ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

I sometimes get this with my G40. The vibration is being transmitted to the camera via the tripod. In my case using a monopod helps tremendously. I know in your case this is not an option. See if you can isolate the tripods feet from the floor. Maybe standing then on the sandbags.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

You might also try experimenting with the Image Stabilization switched on and off.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sprisco,

Thanks for posting.

When using a tripod, please turn your camcorder's image stabilizer off.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements