cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R70 Not Connecting to Computer

aduea
Apprentice

My new R70 camcorder won't connect with my computer. When I plug in the USB cord, it appears to run but then stops. I don't get any error message.

I've tried:

- Using a different USB port

- Turning off camera, unplugging USB cable and starting over

- Restarting computer then plugging in camcorder's USB cable

- Uninstalling its USB controller and re-install, but can't find any controller that looks like it would be for the R70 USB

The movie format is set up as AVCHD. I'm using WIndows 7. Please assist!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Do you have it in playback mode instead of a shooting mode?  If not, try it and let me know if it doesn't work.

View solution in original post

Look on page 64 of the manual for the proper setting for playback.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 1.29.40 PM.png

That was the problem - don't know how I missed it. Thanks so much for your help!

9 REPLIES 9

VideoGeek
Mentor

Have you tried using the Transfer Utility LE software?

Yes, I've installed Transfer software and when I click "Import Video", an error message says that the camcorder is not connected to the computer.  Man Frustrated

What mode is the camcorder in when you connect it to the computer?

Movie format is AVCHD; shooting mode is Auto. Is that what you're asking, or should I look for another setting?

Do you have it in playback mode instead of a shooting mode?  If not, try it and let me know if it doesn't work.

Look on page 64 of the manual for the proper setting for playback.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 1.29.40 PM.png

That was the problem - don't know how I missed it. Thanks so much for your help!

Glad I could help and glad that you are able to get the computer to see the camcorder.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Aduea,

Thanks for posting.

When connecting your camcorder to your computer, please ensure that you power your camcorder, using the Compact Power Adapter, included with your camcorder.

When connecting your camcorder, if your computer is a desktop model, please ensure that its plugged directly to the back of your computer (Not a USB hub.). If your computer's a laptop, please ensure that it's powered with A.C. power.

With your camcorder powered by the Compact Power Adapter and connected to your computer via USB, power the camcorder on, then switch it to the Playback mode, using the Playback button (right next to the [On/ Off] button.

When you switch your camcorder to the playback mode;

1. Does your computer respond (i.e. with windows, beeps, etc)?
  2. What do you see on your camcorder's display?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements