cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R600 records with waves moving through the image (flickering)

wamarante
Apprentice

Hi everybody,

I got my Vixia R600 18 months ago and used it very little. Some time latter I travelled to a place with beautiful wide scapes and waterfalls, which I recorded. When I downloaded the recordings to my PC I saw all videos were with a kind of "wave of light" moving through it, very annoying. But I let it go. 

Today I was recording a pen drive repair and when I looked at the results in PC the "waves" were there.

After some researching, It looks like these "waves" are called flickering and that would be in low light conditions. If the problem has really this name, flickering, the videos were shooted in good light conditions.

This was my first camcorder and I read good news about it at Amazon and other web sites before purchase. I've got Canon DSLRs over the years and had no problem.

Well, what can I do? Is this a flaw in the camcorder? 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Wamarante,

Thank you for posting.

To allow us to better assist you, please provide information regarding your recording. Let us know the recording mode (Auto, Cinema, etc), format (AVCHD vs MP4), frame rate, as well as the lighting (incandescent, fluorescent, natural, etc) under which this occurred.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements