cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R600 not recording

PuzzledPerson
Apprentice

I've had my camcorder for a couple months, but I haven't used it very heavily and there are no scratches/dents anywhere. Recently, I have discovered that when I try to record, the time stamp indicator thingy says "00:00" and doesn't go up. I have a Lexar 633X 128 GB memory card. It has been my only card and has recorded perfectly in the past. After the problem emerged I put all my remaining videos on my computer and wiped the memory. The problem persisted even though I had over 16 hours of available recording space. I also wiped any grime off the SD card and the card slot, so I believe it is something wih the camera.

p.s. Once I dropped it from about 2 feet off the ground, it still recorded afterwards, though.Robot Sad

2 REPLIES 2

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Have you tried re-formatting the card in the camcorder? If you re-formatted using your computer this would cause problems.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PuzzledPerson,

Thank you for posting.

Your camcorder is not designed to accept memory cards using the UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III standards. Some such cards will have "UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III on them. Others will have a "1", "2" or "3" superimposed on a "U". While some of them are backwards-compatible, not all will work.

I recommmed checking with Lexar, for backward compatibility with the Speed Class 10 memory card standard.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements