cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R600. headphone static

goatfarmer98
Contributor

I have a Vixia HR 600 camcorder.  When I use my headset one ear, primarily the right, is full of static. With the static, my recordings are absent of the static.  There is no static when my headset is plugged into my wireless receiver. when the receiver is directly, or not,  plugged to the camcorder.     In my process of isolati8on, the problem appears to be isolated to the use of the camcorder's headset jack.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_B
Rising Star

Hi goatfarmer98. Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

Is this headset you are using a true set of Right/Left stereo headphones or are they a pair with a mic included, similar to what is used with a cell phone? We would recommend that you try another pair of true stereo headphones. You mentioned the jack works correctly with the wireless setup so it would be a safe assumption that the camera is functiong properly.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_B
Rising Star

Hi goatfarmer98. Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

Is this headset you are using a true set of Right/Left stereo headphones or are they a pair with a mic included, similar to what is used with a cell phone? We would recommend that you try another pair of true stereo headphones. You mentioned the jack works correctly with the wireless setup so it would be a safe assumption that the camera is functiong properly.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

John,

Thank you for your expediant and helpful reply.  No, the headset does not have a mic. Actually, (dont tell anyone) it is a SONY stereo headset.  Thanks for the info on where I can proceed further with Canon.  Yea, it is short fused - I want to record my local county gov't meeting Monday, 9Jan - but I have time to go to BestBuy with the camcorder and try another headset to isolate the problem even further. 

A loyal Canon patron, I have a Canon scanner, and will always have a Canon camera - actually have an OLD FTQL and a digital. 

Have a pleasant day, sir. 

John, 

As a F/U.  I was told by those in BestBuy the reason for the static in my headset and all of the others I tried out is because of the headset's noise reduction capabilities.  I was told the "ear buds" would be static free but didnt find that to be true with the ones I have at home. .   Time to reach out to OK-CANON.  

Thanks. 

John, 

Called Canon and spoke w a very nice and professional tech guy, David, who walked me through the solution of setting my audio to "headphones" instead of the current setting of "AV."  I am good to go.  Thanks again to you, Canon, and David for your support and assistance.

John, Canon rep helped me to go into settings and make adjustments. Worked GREAT. The rep said I can uplug the wireless mic and my next usage of the cam with wireless mic all is needed to plug into the headphones and wireless receiver. NOT so, after not using the external mic and headphones since earlier this year, the static noise has returned. I am very short on time, less than 2 hours I want to record my local county commission. Would you or someone else on this forum pls help me get rid of the static when recording with my wireless mic. Thank you!
Announcements