cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF R62 - Recorded Information disappeared, how do I recover?

wooderson23
Apprentice

Hi,

I recorded a bunch of video today on the camera and have a 32gb SanDisk card in there on top of the 32gb of internal memory.  I could see all of the recorded data on the camera when I looked earlier today, but now when I plug it into the computer it only sees a few scenes and they are on the sd card.  I can't see the camera's internal memory at all.  Can someone please help me figure out how to retrieve this possibly?  I"m panicking!  I didn't delete anyting and received no error messages.  It's like everyting suddenly vanished.  Thanks!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Wooderson23,

Thank you for posting.

In order to see if your programs are missing, please press the playback button, then touch the [Memory Type (built in or memory card)/ Format icon. From the screen, you'll see that you can choose between the built-in memory and the memory card. Once you selected on, you'll see the movie format (MP4 & AVCHD) switch on the right. You'll want to check both types for each memory option.

Are your movies still intact and present?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Wooderson23,

Thank you for posting.

In order to see if your programs are missing, please press the playback button, then touch the [Memory Type (built in or memory card)/ Format icon. From the screen, you'll see that you can choose between the built-in memory and the memory card. Once you selected on, you'll see the movie format (MP4 & AVCHD) switch on the right. You'll want to check both types for each memory option.

Are your movies still intact and present?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much for your help with this.  It turns out that toggling between the memory types in the camera was all I needed to do in order to see what was present.  The camera playback was only showing me the scenes on the memory card previously.  Now I can see all of the data stored on the built in memory which is great.  I've never encountered a time when I've exhausted the internal memory and it needed to spill over onto the card until now.  I'm glad that's all it was.  Too bad the camera doesn't automatically display what's stored rather when this happens instead of only showing me the memory card info and making it appear as though nothing else is there.  Small complaint given that I now know how to resolve this in the future.  Thanks again!!!

Announcements