Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording direct to PC

SteVieBizzLe
Apprentice

Hello all,

New member here and first post.

Basically, I am trying to set up a recording rig with my Canon Legria HF R56 in such a fashion that I can record direct to my PC. For example, I want to be able to live stream to Twitch, YouTube etc etc through my PC but instead of using the built in webcam on my PC I want to use my Canon.

Is this possible?

I have tried multiple software downloads and wired connections beween the camera and my PC but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Is there a package I should be looking at or a particular method of connecting the camera to the PC (USB or HDMI for example)

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Jason
Whiz

Hi, SteVieBizzLe! Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click http://global.canon/en.html and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

While our community members are welcome to chime in, please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

You are going to need a video capture card in your PC to enable this. Have a look at Blackmagic Designs Decklink card. There are some others available too.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1
Announcements