cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canon Vixia HG21

Jansartsy
Apprentice

I've just inherited an HG21 that was hardly used by the previous owner. I am having the same headaches trying to import or capture the files.

I also have an HV20 which caused me no problems when I got it, but I cannot now capture files onto my computer. 

My go-to expert at my local photo store suggested I buy an old version of Premiere Elements that supported firewire to see if that would solve the problem with the HV20. I've been searching for other answers to this dilemma for several days, including changing the firewire driver to legacy, using HDV Split, Scenalyzer and goodness knows whatever else. Nothing works.

My photo guy also suggested I copy files from the HDD c

on the HG21 to the sd card and then upload those to the computer, so I will do that. That is, when I learn how to do that. If that information is not in the manual, could someone please explain the procedure to me? I am very new to really using the camcorders. 

Also, I see that using the included software, even after updating it, didn't work either. The CD for the HG21 is lost and I was considering buying it and then updating it. So I guess you just saved me $39.99.

1 REPLY 1

VideoGeek
Mentor

Look on page 60 of the user manual for instructions on how to copy videos (scenes) from the camcorder's HDD to an SD card.

As for help with the HV20 issue you may find the following links useful:

Fixing FireWire Problems in Windows 7, 8, and 10

Windows 10 and IEEE FireWire Legacy Drivers

Announcements