cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugged in cables not recognized

Brooko
Apprentice

Even though I have plugged in/connected my camcorder to my Macbook Pro correctly, it keeps telling me that it isn't connected. While I can transfer video from the memory card, why can't I use the cables?

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Brooko!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon camcorder model you're using, and what type of cable connection you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT), and Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET (7 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you! I have a Vixa R600. I have a USB cable that connects the camera to my computer and I plug in the charger per the instructions before trying to transfer. I have also downloaded the software, but I continue to get the same message that my camcorder is not plugged into the computer. Regards, Brooko

Announcements