cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New XF-200 low-noise setting

bwaltz
Apprentice

I just upgraded my XF-200 to the latest firmware. The press releases indicate a new low-noise feature. I have looked and don't see how to activate it. Where do I find that on the camera's menu. Is it simply the noise reduction options in the custom profiles?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi bwaltz!

Welcome to the Canon Forum!

A new Custom Picture setting was added [C8: S/N Pri].  This preset give priority to the image's signal to noise ratio.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mykolas
Authority

Hi bwaltz!

Welcome to the Canon Forum!

A new Custom Picture setting was added [C8: S/N Pri].  This preset give priority to the image's signal to noise ratio.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I actually discovered this last night and tested it. It works very well in low light, immediately apparent, and much better than the low-noise options in the Custom Profiles. Those tend to produce a fuzzy picture toward the upper end of the range. In contrast, the S/N option held a good bit of detail only w/o the noise. Thanks for responding to my question.

kenfe
Apprentice
halo bwaltz and evryone that helping!
i need help
i just bought canon xf200 and i would like to use noise reduction in menu but i coudnot!

kenfe
Apprentice
pls help me i have to film an event day after tomaorow!

You need to look for the Custom Picture option (it was mentioned in a previous post).  Instructions can be found starting on page 132 of the User Manual.  Also look at page 138 for a description of the Noise Reduction settings.

Announcements