cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Vixia HF G10 and Adobe Premiere Pro - do I need to install included Canon software?

TommyG
Contributor

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Adobe Creative Cloud membership, which gives me access to all their programs, including Premier and Prelude.

Based on that, what software do I need to (or should) install from Canon?  The discs I received include Pixela VideoBrowser 1.2, Transfer Utility 1.1 and the Photo Applications ver 35 / Music Data / Image Mix data disc.

I prefer not to have redundant programs loaded, but if the Canon or Pixela software is necessary or helfpul, I would go ahead and install it.

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hi TommyG,

We are sorry to hear that you can't import footage from the VIXIA HF G10 into Adobe Premiere.  Canon doesn't have any downloads directly that would enable the footage to be imported directly into Adobe Premiere.  You may need to check within Adobe to ensure it supports playback and importation of footage from this camcorder. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Tim wrote:

Hi TommyG,

We are sorry to hear that you can't import footage from the VIXIA HF G10 into Adobe Premiere.  Canon doesn't have any downloads directly that would enable the footage to be imported directly into Adobe Premiere.  You may need to check within Adobe to ensure it supports playback and importation of footage from this camcorder. 

Thanks for the reply but I don't believe I said anywhere in my question that I couldn't import the footage into Adobe Premiere.

Just FYI for whoever is reading, I didn't install any of the included software. I plugged the camera into my Windows 7 Dell M4700 and the camera was plug and play -- I was able to browse the camera and locate the video files and copy them to my hard drive manually.

I don't know if I suggest using the supplied Pixela software -- it doesn't seem necessary, at least in my case. I have read some people having considerable problems with it.

Announcements