cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY vixia hfs100 screen won't undim

casptvimes
Apprentice

I have a Vixia HF S100. On occasion I have left it in my car in hot tempueratures and, when started, the screen would be dimmed and the joystick would only move the cursor left and right on the screen. ( I could still see the screen if I shined a light on it). Usually, plugging it in without the battery and turning it on would reset the screen. However, I recently left it in the car in colder tempuratures and the screen is again dimmed. However, this time, nothing seems to be working - I can't move the joystick up or down, so I can't get to the menu screen; Plugging it in drirectly is not resetting the screen, nor is pressing the DISP button. Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try?

The camera works fine otherwise, so I'd hate to have to get rid of it.

Could the internal battery maybe the cause? Though I can't seem to figure out how to change it, if it is.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@casptvimes wrote:

I have a Vixia HF S100. On occasion I have left it in my car in hot tempueratures and, when started, the screen would be dimmed and the joystick would only move the cursor left and right on the screen. ( I could still see the screen if I shined a light on it). Usually, plugging it in without the battery and turning it on would reset the screen. However, I recently left it in the car in colder tempuratures and the screen is again dimmed. However, this time, nothing seems to be working - I can't move the joystick up or down, so I can't get to the menu screen; Plugging it in drirectly is not resetting the screen, nor is pressing the DISP button. Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try?

The camera works fine otherwise, so I'd hate to have to get rid of it.

Could the internal battery maybe the cause? Though I can't seem to figure out how to change it, if it is.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Canon Support.  The LCD may have been damaged due to the temperature swings, especially the heat.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements