cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live view while recording w/ G30, how to hide the record button icon

Jefbob2
Apprentice

Folks....

Our local woodturning club's monthly meetings invite demonstrators to instruct our members on various subjects. We currently use three cameras - a G30, a G20 , and an old std def video camera for an overhead shot) - to live view the demonstrations on two 55" TV monitors.  The camcorders' video out is fed to a Roland video mixer, which feeds the monitors. The mixer allows us to choose which camera to view on the monitors, typically one distant, one mobile close-up,  and the one overhead....dependent on demo content. We are also considering installing a high def 'recorder', also fed by the mixer, to simultaneously record (to SSD cards) the output from the mixer.  This recorded video will be made into DVD's for future member instructional use. 

Question #1: The 'record/pause' button icon (visible on the G30/20 camera monitors) is also displayed thru the mixer and hence visible on the TV monitors, which in turn will also show up on the recorded video. Not good. Is there anyway I can hide that icon? Either I have overlooked something simple in the camera menu's, or my simple mind can't figure it out.

Question #2: My reason for using the 'recorder' (not purchased yet) to record and make DVD's from was to minimize the time spent on making the DVD from the three SD card files from each of the three cameras. We are attempting to simplify the entire process, for our simple minds and with limited funds...of course. Perhaps the money spent on a 'recorder' would be better served on quality movie editing software or ....?

I am also new to this forum, so should these questions be best asked elsewhere, please recommend.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

VideoGeek
Mentor

Have you looked under System Setup > Output Onscreen Displays > OFF.  

I don't know if that will keep all on-screen icons from being displayed on the TV or not.

I think the default setting is ON.

Forgive me if this is something you have already done.

Thanks for the quick response. Shall give that a try....again I believe...to confirm I already checked it. Whence i do check it, I shall make a post. Camera is not in hand at the moment.
Announcements