Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Keep getting "eject' message

My very old Canon ES900 camcorder will not play any cassette.  It did a couple days ago, but now I get an "eject" message after a couple seconds.  I thought at first that it is because the camera has not been used in years, but then, it shouldn't have worked fine a couple days ago!  Then I thought that the cassettes might be "stuck"--either the tape stuck to itself or the "reels" stuck.  But the camera will not play the cassette that it did play a couple days ago.  I have read a number of posts elsewhere online that say that Canon camcorders have a real problem with the "error" message.  I have only my one experience, but it is a real problem to me as I was making DVDs of our old fmaily videos for our children for Christmas.  I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions/fixes that anyone has.  The newest video is from 1999, so these really are old!

Re: Keep getting "eject' message

Ahcauble,

The safety mechanism is activated.  Unload the cassette and turn the camcorder off.  Turn it on again and reload the cassette.  If this does not work, then the camcorder requires service to fix this.

Unfortunately, the ES900 is no longer in service life and it cannot be serviced by our Factory Service Center as replacement parts are no longer available.  We would like to offer you the opportunity to participate in the Canon Loyalty Program instead.

The Canon Loyalty Program option allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee, plus shipping.  The replacement unit offered through this program carries a 90 day warranty.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Keep getting "eject' message

I have a similar problem to Ahcauble.  I own the Canon ES900 (USA), and a cassette inside the camcorder and will not eject.  The viewer shows the word 'EJECT', but the cassette compartment will not open.  The cassette will not play, fast forward or backword.  I can not unload the cassette, and the camcorder is useless.

What can be done?