cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a cannon vixia hfr50. How do I make my camera silent w/o beeps and chimes?

ftkunz
Contributor

I use my camera for wildlife veiwing and the camera makes so many beeps, chimes and musical sounds that it scares the game away. Is there a way to put it in silent mode or something without hampering the recording quality?

Another odd thing it does is splits up my video into a bunch of small sections about 13 minutes long and calls them pictures. This is also very frustrating. I can't even video my childrens activities w/o a bunch of brakes in the movie.

Please help me figure these two things out. Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tim
Authority

Hello ftkunz, 

There is a setting inside the Menu of your VIXIA HF R50 inside the System Setup you'll see Notification Sounds and click Set to go into it and you can turn them off.  This will disable the sounds in the camera. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

ftkunz,

There are instances in our other camcorder models where the files will be broken up into multiple files because of file size limitations of the file system used by the camcorder.  This may be normal.

What is the exact file size of the broken up files you have when you record a clip long enough?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Please elaborate for me. You just gave me some horrible news and offer zero solutions.

Please answer for me:

Am I stuck with having a bunch of small chopped up up clips or is there a way to change the settings?

What solutions does Cannon offer? What solution are you offering me?

Why isn't something so important as this made clear up front before someone buys it? (Like on the outside of the box and included in the product description that it only videos for 13 minutes at a time.)

I am very frustrated at this point (to put it mildly) and my experience with video cameras is using digital video cassettes, so this digital file SD card stuff is completely new to me.

I'm looking for a response on how to correct the issues asked in my previous post:

Please elaborate for me. You just gave me some horrible news and offer zero solutions.

Please answer for me:

Am I stuck with having a bunch of small chopped up up clips or is there a way to change the settings?

What solutions does Cannon offer? What solution are you offering me?

Why isn't something so important as this made clear up front before someone buys it? (Like on the outside of the box and included in the product description that it only videos for 13 minutes at a time.)

I am very frustrated at this point (to put it mildly) and my experience with video cameras is using digital video cassettes, so this digital file SD card stuff is completely new to me.

ftkunz,

The clips will continue to be seperated out into multiple files and there isn't a setting in the camcorder to change this.  There is software provided with the camcorder made by Pixela that will help you manage the clips by importing them and bringing them together.  I recommend that you check this software out by installing it from the CD you may have received with your camcorder, or going to the Pixela website HERE.

Announcements