Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

I have a Vixia HF R30. I need to have the time and date stamp on my videos when I down load them.

Product Expert

Re: I have a Vixia HF R30. I need to have the time and date stamp on my videos when I down load them

Hi Lfernandez,

While the date and time data are added to the video file, Canon camcorders do not have a time and/ or date stamp feature.

You may be able to use a third-party software package to produce this result. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: I have a Vixia HF R30. I need to have the time and date stamp on my videos when I down load them

I  have the same problem, what 3rd party app could i use? this is something that i need for my work, without this ability, the camera is useless to me

New Contributor

I have the HF M50 with the same problem. Like you, the camera is useless to me and most likely will be returned. Any responses for a 3rd party app would be greatly appreciated....

Highlighted
New Contributor

Several years after your posts I'm seeking the same answers. This should be a basic that doesn't require a headache to find the answer. Your input is appreciated if you found how to resolve this matter