cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get my canon vixia HFR700 to connect to my computer. Once i plug it in it never pops up.

priceme
Apprentice

I am having trouble getting my VIXIA HFR700 to connect to my computer. I plug it in and it never pops up. It is like my computer is not picking up the camcorder. I have a DELL with windows 10. I am trying to use it for livestream on youtube and am having MAJOR dfficulties. PLEASE HELP ME 

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Priceme,

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at 
http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). 

VideoGeek
Mentor

How are you connecting the HFR700 to the computer?  Are you using any additional equipment, such as a video capture device, when you attemp to livestream?  I looked through the manual and saw no references to livestreaming.  It is possible though that I overlooked it.

No we are not using a video capture device. Is that something we would need?

I'm not the best one to answer that as I have not done any live streaming in years and even then it was a camcorder with a firewire connection.  A video capture device is more than likely something you will need.  You should check with your streaming provider to see what they reccommend.  

i struggled with this too.  i found that if you simply press the play button after attaching via USB to the computer it should recognize it some way, depending what type of software you may have installed.  hope this helps

Announcements