cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HFS10 will not any accept any SD Cards so far - what's the problem?

PWCinema
Apprentice

Hello,

I have always used the internal memory for my HFS10. However, I need to use SD cards now for a project. No matter what SD card I try, I get the message "initialize only using the camcorder". I have initialized each and every card I have tried. I learned online that this camera only works with Class 4 or 6 SD cards, so I just bought a Sandisk 64GB Class 4 SDXC card,and yet I still get the same message! This is very frustrating and I am wondering if I'm doing anything wrong - perhaps something wrong in settings? Ican't imagine what the problem is. Is there a reason this card should not, and, if so, what card will work?

Thanks much for any help.

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PWCinema,

Thanks for posting.

The VIXIA HF S10 will accept SDHC memory cards with a maximum capacity of 32 GB.

This camcorder does not accept SDXC memory cards.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PWCinema,

Thanks for posting.

The VIXIA HF S10 will accept SDHC memory cards with a maximum capacity of 32 GB.

This camcorder does not accept SDXC memory cards.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much for the answer. That helps a lot!
Announcements