cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HF R70 - long record time, cannot upload

belowme29
Apprentice

Recently recorded around 45 minutes (at one time) of my son's Eagle Scout court of honor, and when I attempted to upload the file through the camcorder's WiFi - I could not select that file. There was a "?" in the box that gets checked when you select a file to upload through WiFi (like YouTube). 

Looking at the SD card that this file was saved to, it showed 3 files instead of one for the ~45 minutes of recording that I did for the first video.

My questions are:

1. Does the camera force smaller files?

2. If yes, why do I not see the multiple files that the camcorder made when trying to upload files through WiFi? Or when looking at them on the camcorder's file browser?

3. Is there a way to set the max size of files? 

4. How do I get the camcorder to recognize these multiple folders so that I can uplooad via the camcorder?

Thanks for any help.

B.

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello belowme29, 

So the community may assist you we'd like to ask a few follow up questions for you. 

1.  Where or how are you attempting to upload the files to?  

The camcorder may have broken up the clip into smaller files depending on the recording quality and time.  There is no way to change this within the menu unless you reduce the quality size and or time.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

belowme29
Apprentice
Hey Tim

Thanks for answering. Sorry if I come off a little bit sarcastic with my comments below.

I'm trying to upload to YouTube through the cameras function. I was able to do this with 2 short videos (each were under 16 minutes recording) but cannot access the large file, or the smaller ones that the camera saved, to send to YouTube.

Breaking up the files is not the issue. The issue is that I cannot "see" the smaller files from the camera's file browser so that each file can be selected for upload through the camera's Wifi connection. It kind of defeats the purpose of having the ability of uploading files, if you cannot see files that the camera made from a long recording.

I have a WiFi enabled camcorder that I have to remove the SD card from it so that I connect the SD card to my laptop to upload the video to YouTube. See something wrong with this statement?

Thanks for your help.

Bruce.
Announcements