cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HF R600 - does not have an option to select built in memory or SD card

JoeInMaryland
Apprentice

Hello,  I am trying to set my HF R600 to use the 64GB memory card I have installed.  I do this, to get to the screen where the option should be (according to page 80 in the user guide):

1. Tap Recording Setup

(the only two options available for me to choose from are; Movie Format & Video Quality)

I do not have an option for "Recording Media"

The manual says to do this after tapping Recording Setup:

1. Tap Recording Media

2. Tap Rec Media for Movies

3. Tap Desired Memory

4. Tap the back key

5. Tap the back key

6. Close the open window

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or what I'm missing. 

It is my hope, that after I set the default to the 64GB memory card, the videos will record longer than 30 minutes at a time

Any advice/help/tips you can give me would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.  Have a nice day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JoeInMaryland,

Thanks for posting.

The VIXIA HF R600 does not have built-in memory, so the default memory will be your memory card.

The instructions you saw apply to the VIXIA HF R60 and VIXIA HF R62, which are also covered in your camcorder's instruction manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JoeInMaryland,

Thanks for posting.

The VIXIA HF R600 does not have built-in memory, so the default memory will be your memory card.

The instructions you saw apply to the VIXIA HF R60 and VIXIA HF R62, which are also covered in your camcorder's instruction manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out. I appreciate it. This helps a lot!. Now if I could figure out a way to make it record for longer than 30 minutes at a time I'd be all set!

JoeInMaryland,

You're welcome.

While your camcorder will record more than 30 minutes, recordings that exceed 4 GB in size, or exceeding 30 minutes in length will be will be divided into multiple files.

is there anyway to bypass this feature and make one recording that may be between 2 & 2 1/2 hours long?

No, the 4GB file size limitation is due the camera formatting the card using the FAT32 file system.  Formatting the card in a PC with exFAT or NTFS would probably not work as the card should be formatted in the camera.  I'm not sure whether or not it would even be possible with an external recorder.

Announcements