cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HF G40 Spotlight issues

themofoman
Apprentice

I have a HF G40 and I video plays sometimes.  I normally used the auto setting (I'm kinda a novice and when I tried Cinema setting I didn't like the quality) but when someone is spotlighted unless I zoom in pretty tight they are almost a ball of light.  Please help with this issue because I really like this camera especially the low light videos.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

For difficult lighting situations you need to use manual exposure. I would suggest you have a good read of the user manual. This is a link for the European Legria version. The Canon USA website will have the Vixia version.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/camcorders/digital/hdv_series/legria_hf_g...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

lamintheUK, thanks for the reply.  Normally when I try manual seeting, the video is jerky but I'll do more reading and hopefully I'll figure it out.

Announcements