Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

HF G40 Spotlight issues

I have a HF G40 and I video plays sometimes.  I normally used the auto setting (I'm kinda a novice and when I tried Cinema setting I didn't like the quality) but when someone is spotlighted unless I zoom in pretty tight they are almost a ball of light.  Please help with this issue because I really like this camera especially the low light videos.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: HF G40 Spotlight issues

For difficult lighting situations you need to use manual exposure. I would suggest you have a good read of the user manual. This is a link for the European Legria version. The Canon USA website will have the Vixia version.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/camcorders/digital/hdv_series/legria_hf_g...

Legria HF G40 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 750Ti - Win 10 - DaVinci Resolve 15.03b
New Contributor

Re: HF G40 Spotlight issues

lamintheUK, thanks for the reply.  Normally when I try manual seeting, the video is jerky but I'll do more reading and hopefully I'll figure it out.