cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont know how to add new topic

psy_boy2720
Contributor

Hi Canon Forum.

I know this is a replay to a non related thread, but since it was not possible to make a new thread, I have to do it this way.

I have a serious connection problem with my MVX4i Canon Camcorder.

First my hardware:

O/S: Win7 64bit

What happens:

I've installed the drivers but I keep getting the error "cannot detect camera".

In my device manager it claims that the drivers cannot be installed and even though I manually search for them (on the installation CD or the installation directory) it refuses to install them.

What I have tried:

I've tried using different USB ports - no luck

Used different USB cables - no luck

Tried uninstalling EVERYTHING, disconnecting camcorder and installed drivers again - no luck

I've tried drivers from your website instead of the CD - no luck.

What in gods name can I do to get my PC to connect with my camcorder??

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I can't answer your question, but if you click the red NEW MESSAGE icon it will allow you to type a subject that is more closely related to your problem. That may get you more attention.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello, all - 

I was glad to find this because I don't know my way around very well yet.  In fact, I was trying to find out how to start a new topic.  (The other day I found the way by sheer chance.)  But when I read this, I had trouble finding the red New Message icon again, which in fact does not appear on every page.  

It would help to add that you can find it at the head of any particular "board":  on the "Canon Forum" page, under "Community", there's the list of the seven major areas of interest.  Choose the appropriate forum (excuse me, "board") for your post, e.g., "Lenses", and the red New Message icon will appear in the upper left.  Click and you're there, and your post will be where it belongs.  (For me, this problem was a simple one for a change.)

regards, AlienAl

I do not see a red button to add a new topic anywhere.

To post (create) a new message do the following:

Camcorder.jpg

CamcorderDiscussion.jpg

New Message copy.jpg

Thank you, found it!!  Why do they make it so difficult to find?  Why not put the start new topic button on ever page?

Glad I could help and that is a good question.  It took a little while for me to find it (new message button) before I could post the steps on how to do create a new message.

VideoGeek
Mentor

I don't believe you can transfer video to the computer with that camcorder via the USB port.  I think it is only for transferring pictures from a memory card.  Do you have a FireWire (IEEE 1394) port on your computer? If yes, use this with the appropriate cable to connect the camcorder to the computer.

If you don't have a FireWire port then you will need a video capture device.  It usually connect to the computer via a USB port.  The camcorder connects to the video capture device via the supplied (should have come with the camcorder) MTC-100 Multi Cable.

User Manual

Announcements