Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Do remote control devices work?

The "Wireless Controller WL-D88" that came with my Canon FS-11 works (sometimes) in starting a video recording, but it never works to stop the recording.

I installed a fresh battery (CR2025) but the "Start/Stop" button only occasionally starts a recording, no matter how closely I stand near the camcorder. I do point the remote control directly at the camcorder. I see a "set" button on the remote. Is there a setting to make the device work?

Product Expert

Re: Do remote control devices work?

Hi Djard,

Thank you for posting.

From your description, it sounds like your DL-88 may require replacement. To check for availability, I recommend contacting our Sales and Accessories Department. For contact options, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Thanks for responding. Pardon my skepticism, but if the original remote does not work, how can I have confidence in buying another from Canon?

I know my camera is dated, but I have rarely used it. And this is the first time I used the remote. I am a little disappointed, expecting better from a company that I had trusted for many years.
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Djard, 

The wireless remote may not work properly when the remote sensor (which is on the side of the LCD panel) is situated under bright lighting or the sun.  

If the wireless remote doesn't work check in the menu that [WL. REMOTE] is not set to [OFF].  

I know you mentioned changing the battery but I would definitely check this again just to be sure that it's a) a good battery and b) inserted corrected.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.