cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital xl1s

toyboy56
Apprentice

Has anyone used an XL1S and recorded directly to some type of digital? Possibly via firewire or av out?

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

ToyBoy56,

The XL1S is a much older model, so some of the devices that would work with it may be harder to find now.  At one time, you could record directly to what is known as a DTE recorder.  The recorders that would work in the past were made by Focus Enhancements.  I recommend that you go to the Focus Enhancements website for more help finding a recorder that will work with your XL1S.  I have provided a link to their website below:

http://www.focusinfo.com/main.asp

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BluesVideo
Apprentice

We looked briefly into devices that can be connected to the XL-1HS via the BNC connector. The two manufacturers were Convergent Design and Blackmagic. Convergent Design's recorder records onto CF Card and Blackmagic's records onto a Solid State Drive.

fcompoccio
Apprentice

I want to connect a portable hard drive through the firewire and record directly on the drive with or without using the tape.  I've seen it done by my colleagues in the video business.  So I want to know what portable hard drive does this?

I can connect t a laptop and use a portable drive connected to the laptop but I want to elimnate the laptop.  Can anyone help?  I'm trying to get an answer from canon.

fcompoccio,

Thank you for adding to this thread.  To anwser your question, I would like to say something that is a similar to what I mentioned earlier in the thread, since it does apply here.

You should be able record directly to what is known as a DTE recorder.  Many accept an input via FireWire.  The recorders that would work in the past were made by Focus Enhancements.  I recommend that you go to the Focus Enhancements website for more help finding a recorder that will work with your XL2 and your XLH1.  For your reference, I have provided the same link below to their website that I provided earlier:

http://www.focusinfo.com/main.asp

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements