cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay on start-up: reading the memory card

cheerful
Contributor

Vixia M40

On start-up, there is a delay before it can record video.  If I press the record button, it will pop up "reading the memory card".  This is quite annoying as it leads to missing opportunities.  I used to have a HF200 which does not have this problem.

It seems to be scanning the card for photo/video, as the delay increases with number of clips.

I am using a class 10 cards.

Any setting to avoid this delay?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello cheerful,

At this time there isn't a published method to avoid getting this message.  Try a different memory card in the camcorder to see if it persists with another card.  If it continues to happen, then your camcorder may require evaluation.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.

To set up the VIXIA HF M40 for repair, please arrange this through our web site through this link.

If this is an urgent matter, please contact technical support through our Support and Service website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is a recently purchased refurbished product, bought directly from canon.  I've tried 3 different cards, all class 10.  So it's not a problem of the card.  And this happens with the internal flash memory as well.

Are you saying this is actually a defective product?  If so, I'd like to have a replacement.

Thanks

I just bought another M40.  Exact same behavior.  Is this a design flaw?

Announcements