cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ZR100 cannot view tape

NJenkins
Apprentice

Canon ZR100 Mini DV Camcorder records fine but when playing the tape back, the picture is all wavy as if in Fast Forward and the sound is clear. If you press the fast forward button...the picture is clear but the sound is in fast forward. 

Any ideas as to how to correct this? If not, is there some type of converter that can play these tapes?

Any help would be appreciated...would love to be able to view all our old tapes.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NJenkins,

Thanks for posting.

To allow us to better assist you, please reply with the recording mode in which you recorded your movies.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jared_Abrego
Apprentice

Hey, I know it's been a couple of years since the last comment on this problem. But my Canon ZR100 Mini DV Camcorder does the same. It records well and clearly but when I play the tape back, the picture is wavy, and yes, its as if it was on Fast Forward. As for the sound, it's also a little choppy, you'll hear something now and then. 

I don't know if the previous got the help that he needed but I'm glad I found someone with the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated, I would also love to be able to view all my old tapes.

Thanks!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried to plug it into a monitor (If you can find one that accepts NTSC/PAL)?

If you have the capability, like an older Mac with FireWIre, try to stream it back there.

Announcements