cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA10 Recording Lag

Achilles
Apprentice

Hey folks,

I've been shooting on an Xa10 professional for about two years now and it's served me really well. Over the past few months I've started to experience a lag from when I depress the button to record, hear the beep and the actual recording starts (the timer appears on screen and begins recording). As I do a lot of in-camera editing (shooting a lot of individual clips, probably 4-500 per session) I'm very used to the usual recording speed of the camera and this is causing me a bunch of problems where I'm not noticing the recording lag (it can be 4-5 seconds now, or sometimes no lag at all) when it's cutting off the beginnings of clips. 

I've tried a factory reset and checked my firmware (it's up to date). I've also re-initialized both the internal memory and my cards in case junk data was causing the camera to work harder to parse clips, but so far nothing has solved the problem. 

Any help is appreciated! This recording delay is really causing headaches and I'd prefer not to have to buy a new camera after less than 2 years!

A

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello Achilles, 

From the sound of things it may be best if we examined the camcorder at Canon to ensure it's smooth operation.  

You may wish to fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements