Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon Vixia HG21

Thank you for your efforts

New Contributor

Re: Canon Vixia HFS 21

[ Edited ]

I chose to reply to htis posting as i'm experiencing the same glitch. I purchsed my Canon VIXIA HF S21 back in 10/2010 and just now I've experience acomplete failure of my Canon. Can not import captured video into my iMac in either Final Cut Pro X or iMovie as there seesm ot be no repsonse to the tranfer wire input. Whenever I try to import via camera all i get is the connection to the *Built-In* camera which does me no good at all concenring import. I'm wondering if this has anyhting to do with Canon's *Shelf life*. This little video cam served me well wihtout problem for 6 1/2 years. It's only in hte last year that i've come across this problem, but rejiggering the wires , and a reboot of iMovie , usually did the trick. But ,as of right now, I'm not getting any repsonse at all, but more of the same. Should i just toss this Canon out as it isn't worth the fee to send in on out by post in order to correct it. Question: Do htese Canon video-cams have alimited shelf-life or what?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon Vixia HFS 21

I have no clue....I just gave up