06-28-2017 09:35 AM - edited 06-28-2017 09:35 AM
I'm trying to come up with something useful. I don't know that this will help but you could try a trial version of Cyberlink PowerDirector. I only suggest it because years ago when I was teaching we had a JVC camcorder that recorded to a hard drive and that software was able to pick up the drive and convert the files into a usuable format. I don't know that it will have any effect at all which is why I suggest a trial version.
I am using Windows 10 and have a Canon (VIXIA HF-G20) that records to a hard drive as well as SD cards. I wil record something to the hard drive and then connect the camcorder via USB to see whether or not the drive is recognized. If it doesn't work then I will definitely be looking for a fix. Either way I will let you know the results.
07-10-2017 02:03 PM - edited 07-10-2017 11:42 PM
Recorded something last night to the camcorder's internal memory and I will try to retrieve it tonight. I specifically recorded it to the internal memory just for this purpose. I'll let you know the results and hopefully let you know late this evening. I know I don't have to rush but I have to do things while I'm thinking about it or else it gets filed in a cabinet that I never can seem to find again.
I connected the camcorder (HF-G20) to the computer via a USB cable.
1) I connected the cable to the camcorder
2) I connected the other end of the cable to the computer
3) I turned on the camcorder power
4) I switched to playback mode
5) I was presented with a list of options and chose Internal Memory
5) I looked in Windows Explorer and saw the internal drive listed as Canon with the drive letter K
6) I copied the files from the camcorders internal memory to a hard drive.
I did not use any type of software other than the OS to copy the files.
Do you get a menu or list of options on the LCD screen when you connect the HG21 to the computer?