cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HG21

suden111
Contributor

I bought that cam around 2011. I've transfered files to my computer with ImageMixer 3 SE Player Ver.3 back then with no problem. I've stopped using the cam for a few years and I decide to re-using it recently. Today I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and when I try to transfer my recent videos to my PC using that old sofware via USB, Window detected the removable disk (I can see it in my computer) but ImageMixer tells me that there are no files on the camcorder. I've tried to upgrade everything I could but still doesn't work. Now my new videos (and old ones) are stuck on the camcorder and can't transfer them. Can somebody help me please? I'm kinda discouraged and don't know what to do anymore. Help me please. Thank you

22 REPLIES 22

Thank you for your efforts

Taliesyn
Apprentice

I chose to reply to htis posting as i'm experiencing the same glitch. I purchsed my Canon VIXIA HF S21 back in 10/2010 and just now I've experience acomplete failure of my Canon. Can not import captured video into my iMac in either Final Cut Pro X or iMovie as there seesm ot be no repsonse to the tranfer wire input. Whenever I try to import via camera all i get is the connection to the *Built-In* camera which does me no good at all concenring import. I'm wondering if this has anyhting to do with Canon's *Shelf life*. This little video cam served me well wihtout problem for 6 1/2 years. It's only in hte last year that i've come across this problem, but rejiggering the wires , and a reboot of iMovie , usually did the trick. But ,as of right now, I'm not getting any repsonse at all, but more of the same. Should i just toss this Canon out as it isn't worth the fee to send in on out by post in order to correct it. Question: Do htese Canon video-cams have alimited shelf-life or what?

I have no clue....I just gave up

Announcements