cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HF R700 - Not able to upload videos to computer, won't recognize device

Mammotaps
Apprentice

I just purchased the Vixia HF R700 camcorder for my daughter for her birthday. We are now trying to upload some test videos she did to our laptop and nothing is working. We run Windows 10 and we have downloaded the software/drivers from Canon's website. The computer won't detect the camcorder. This is getting very frustrating. 😞 Please help! 

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Try contacting Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

If you are using USB, make sure you are using the correct cable, which should have come with the camera. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

Use the above link to find your camera's support page.  From there, you can download software and instruction manuals.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

VideoGeek
Mentor

Does your laptop have a card reader (small slot on the front or side)?  If yes, have you tried removing the memory card from the camcorder and plugging it into the card reader on your laptop?  If you are able to do that then you should be able to easily copy the video files from the card to your computer. It would probably be easier and faster than trying to transfer via a USB cable.

User Manual

bsherba
Apprentice

Hello, I know that this post is literally (and humorously, exactly) 1 year old, but I wanted to reply to it for other people's benefit because I too had this problem.

You have to put the camera into playback mode for it to register as a USB device, so hit the little play button on the inside of the camera near the power button

Announcements