cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon HF R700 How do I remove the icons when using as a monitor for fly tying classes?

Hansy
Apprentice

I am not recording the classes just using the cam cabled to TV for fly tying demonstrations. I don't want the icons to show.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Hansy,

Thank you for posting.

If you select [Output Onscreen Displays] from menu and set it to [off], data displayed on the camcorders LCD screen will not appear on the TV screen. To access this screen, touch the "Home" icon, then choose "Other Settings" (The screwdriver & Hammer icon".

On the next screen, select the display (middle) tab, then choose "Onscreen display". On the next screen, choose "Off" to remove most of the icons. Now, touch the back arrow and "X" out of the menu.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Hansy,

Thank you for posting.

If you select [Output Onscreen Displays] from menu and set it to [off], data displayed on the camcorders LCD screen will not appear on the TV screen. To access this screen, touch the "Home" icon, then choose "Other Settings" (The screwdriver & Hammer icon".

On the next screen, select the display (middle) tab, then choose "Onscreen display". On the next screen, choose "Off" to remove most of the icons. Now, touch the back arrow and "X" out of the menu.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hansy
Apprentice

Wow! Thanks to Richard Canon product expert. Quick response and it works exactly as I wanted. When I did this procedure I could still see the icons on the camcorder screen but when it is connected to the tv you do not see them.

Thank you,

Hansy

Announcements