cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon HF G10 Camcorder - "Cannot Record" error message when trying to make new recordings

ra33
Apprentice

Hi All, 

I purchased Canon HF G10 camcorder 6 months ago and suddenly I am getting a "Cannot Record" error message each time I press the record button - it simply stopped working and I am puzzled about this - has anyone else faced this problem? if yes, were you able to resolve it? Any insights or torubleshooting guidance will be greatly appreciated. 

Best regards,

Rajiv Arora. 

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ra33!

It is possible that the memory is full or contains the maximum number of scenes (3999).  Please try downloading the video from the camcorder, then deleting some of those scenes from the memory.  This will free up some space for you to continue recording new content.  To do this:

1. Play back the scene you want to delete.
  2. Touch the screen to display the controls.
  3. Select [EDIT] then [DELETE].
  4. Touch [YES].
  5. Touch [OK].

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for responding to my message, greatly appreciate your help in trying to resolve this issue. Actually, I was trying to do the recording on the SD cards. There are two SD cards in slots A and B - each is 32 GB and class 10 from Transcend and each of them have more than 25 GB free space. However, my internal memory of 32 GB is close to full and I will delete those videos after downloading but should that be impacting the recording on the SD cards? Shoud it not be giving some message that memory is full and not "Cannot Record" ?

Also, I had to go to manual mode to select the SD card as the desitnation for recording as auto mode seemed to be defaulting to internal memory.

Please advise ASAP. 

Best regards,

Rajiv. 

ra33,

I am very glad to help you with this. 

According to the specifications in the user manual, this model records to the internal memory by default in any shooting mode.  You can manually select to record to the SD cards, but only in the Manual or Cinema modes.  If you are shooting in Auto, clearing out some of the internal memory should stop the "Cannot Record" message from appearing.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements