Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Audio Sync with two cameras

I have a HF M41 camera with no external mic input, and a HF R800 WITH an external mic input. My plan is to use external microphones with my xenx502 mixer to create the sound track, but I'm not sure how I will sync the audio with the second camera. At this point, money is not the most imporatnt thing, but I am looking for the least expensive solution to create an excellent video with the best Internet quality (i.e YouTube) , even if I have to invest in a second camera. The application will be one person standing and talking. I also want to insert some charts and graphs n the video, but that is a different issue. I wil most likely turn the raw materials over to a professional video editor to create the finsihed product. 

I am a novice at this sort of thing, and I am open to any ideas. 

Super Contributor

Re: Audio Sync with two cameras

One way to help with syncing the audio, which can be done in an editing program, is to use something like a clapper board.  You would use it to make a loud sound so that both camcorders pick it up.  This would aid in syncing the audio.  Without a clapper board you can simply have a person clap their hands together loudly.  It may help to have both camcorders focused on the person doing the clapping.  

New Contributor

Re: Audio Sync with two cameras

Thanks, VideoGeek