Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

New XA25, XA20 and HF G30 Firmware Version 1.0.3.0 available

New Firmware improves the stability and operation of the XA25, XA20 and VIXIA HF G30 Camcorders. This Firmware enhances the compatibility with third-party remote controllers and has updates which provide properly displayed timecodes in Final Cut Pro X Version 10.0.9. Learn more about this Firmware update and download the update. 

New Contributor

Re: New XA25, XA20 and HF G30 Firmware Version 1.0.3.0 available

Why is there no waveform monitor in this update?  There was a very helpful (essential) monitor in the XA10 and VIXIA HF G10, but none in the XA20.  I was hoping that this update would bring it back, alas no. Please Canon bring it back, I would have returned the camera had i have known right away after buying it.

Its very disappointing not having one and the quick reply button (great idea), but only replying for 3-5  is ridiculous.

Please bring out another software update to address these options. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: New XA25, XA20 and HF G30 Firmware Version 1.0.3.0 available

Please restore the waveform monitor in the HF G30 and similar models. It's an essential for budding filmmakers who use your cameras.