05-16-2015 01:06 PM
This firmware will not update on my 7D Mk 2. Get's stuck on waiting when you try to transfer the FIR file to process from either a CD Card with the file copied to it or when you connect camera to PC. The file size and name is correct and it the root directory of the CF card but at step 8 when OK pressed it stick on waiting
05-17-2015 03:10 AM
Thanks to William at Technical Support. He provided some reset steps to take (see below line) that fixed the problem and allowed me to upgrade to 1.0.4. After following his steps I once again formated both the CF and SD cards in the camera. This time I copied the FIR file to the SD card and only put the SD card into the camera before doing the firmware upgrade. Thank you very much William.
1. Make sure the camera is off, and then remove the battery, memory card, and lens.
2. Close the battery/memory card doors.
3. Turn the power switch to the "ON" position, and then press and hold down the shutter button for 10 seconds.
4. Release the shutter button, turn the power switch to the "OFF" position, reinsert the battery, memory card, and attach the lens.
5. Power the camera on.
1. While the camera is on turn the mode dial to "P" (Program mode), which allows all menu options to become available, then press the menu button.
2. Move across the top of the menu to the last wrench tab. (Yellow tabs)
3. Go down the menu list to "Clear Settings" and press the Set button.
4. Choose "Clear all Camera Settings", and press the set button.
5. To complete the reset highlight "OK" and press the Func./Set button again.
6. Next, move over to the Custom Functions menu list.
7. Reset the "Clear all Custom Func." settings as well.
Before attempting the update again remove the lens from the camera body.