Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Important Windows Scanning Update for imageCLASS.

Dear imageCLASS Customers:

The purpose of this Service Notice is to inform imageCLASS customers of the availability of a patch to address an issue that prevents certain imageCLASS models from scanning as a result of updating to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. This patch (imageCLASS 32-bit & 64-bit patch for Network Scan & USB Scan for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10), which addresses the scanning issue whether the imageCLASS is connected to a network or via USB, was released by Canon Inc. on July 7, 2016. It updates a previous patch released by Canon Inc. on May 26, 2016, which only addressed the scanning issue where the imageCLASS is connected to a network.

We strive to deliver industry leading service and support, and we value the trust our customers have placed in us. We offer our sincerest apologies to any customer who may be inconvenienced.

If you are NOT able to scan over a network or with a USB connection, please follow our Windows 8, 8.1 & 10 Scanning Solution Matrix below to find Canon’s recommended steps for your imageCLASS model and your connection type.

Learn more: 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/product-advisories/detail/service-notice-w...

New Contributor

Re: Important Windows Scanning Update for imageCLASS.

I followed link below and  downloaded the patch so that I can use my ImageClass MF8280cw to scan via network with windows 10.  That did not solve the problem.   I removed the patch, rstarted my computer and then downloaded the patch again.   Again, it did not solve the propblem.   I removed the patch, restarted my computer, and then removed all of the canon drivers from my computer and re-installed the current drivers and the patch.  I restarted the computer between running each download.  I am still unable to scan to my computer.    I need a solution to this problem to function in business.  DAR1

New Contributor

I'm using a Dell Inspiron (about 3 month old) and MF toolbox was working great for my MF Imageclass 6550 on October 31st, 2016.  Then on Nov. 3rd it stopprd working, "A supported scanner is not installed" is all I get.

I've tryed:

1. uninstall and reinstall drivers and MF toolbox program including the 10/28/2016 patch.

2. adding to the System Veriables "Path"

3. installing on a new computer with windows 10 PRO v.1607 with the latest updates, using canon's newest drivers, patch and MF toolbox

Still same problem.

Are you working on a newer patch?

New Contributor

This patch for the MF4150 is dated 10/28/16, however this posting says the patch is dated July 7, 2016.  Obviously you've changed it since July and not updated this posting.  I have also tried unstalling all, installing the latest driver, the toolbox_4911_mf18 on the downloads page, and the latest USB patch.  Still gives the error "a supported scanner is not installed".

Please fix!!

Occasional Contributor

Tried adding "C:\Windows\twain_32\MF4800" to my path environment variable. Still no luck. Tried almost every solution in the multiple threads. 

If I try to scan from the Scanner --> Computer...  I get the same old "MF Toolbox is not supported on my installed computer. Install the appropiate MF Toolbox". 

Even using all the updated drivers, software, etc. 

Using the 10/28/16 network patch too.