Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Compatibility of Camera Window DC, EOS Utility and Map Utility with Mac OS X v10.12 Sierra.

Apple recently released Mac OS X v10.12 Sierra. We have discovered some issues with the compatibility of Canon’s Camera Window DC, EOS Utility and Map Utility software programs with Mac OS X v10.12 Sierra that may cause certain functions of such Canon software not to work.

Before upgrading your OS to Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra, please review the compatibility chart by clicking here.

We will update our support policy Mid-October.

New Contributor

Re: Compatibility of Camera Window DC, EOS Utility and Map Utility with Mac OS X v10.12 Sierra.

Very good news apple in the last update of macOSsierra fix the problem if that is operating the up date was of appeal and not of Canon :-)

AJP
New Contributor

Re: Compatibility of Camera Window DC, EOS Utility and Map Utility with Mac OS X v10.12 Sierra.

i wouldn,t say the problem is fixed.

New Contributor

I agree.  The incompatibility problem is not fixed.  (Oct. 28.)

Frequent Contributor

Today (late February 2017) Canon Wireless CameraWindow still is not compatible with the current mac os (Sierra 10.12) as is confirmed by Canon's own compatibility chart https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/canon-software

I consder this to be a very bad customer service Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Hello Rutlap!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for posting!

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with the CameraWindow app. We want to help. We have recently released an update and your PowerShot G7X should be compatible with the CameraWindow app using an USB cable. Please download the latest version of the app which is CameraWindow DC 8.10.9b HERE. If you need additional assistance with this our Technical Support Team can assist you by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON. They are open Monday through Friday from 10 am to 10 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We hope this information was helpful! 

Frequent Contributor

The latest CameraWindow update (8.10.9b) does not make any difference: As before Wireless CameraWindow is not compatible on two different Mac computers of mine (both running mac os 10.12.3 Sierra). 

Just as before, the G7 X camera does make contackt with the router but not with the Wireless CameraWindow software.  As before the camera can only be connected with the hlep of a USB-cable.

I also want to point out once again that the compatibility chart on the Canon web site still lists Camera Window as „C: The software is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra“ https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/canon-software

I strongly urge Canon to clear upp this annoing misinformation and the constant Wireless CameraWindow compatibility issues with mac OS 10.12 Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Jenine--Thank you for your post and for the link to the download.  The update succeeded for me.  I had just about given up hope for Camera Window's usefulness for my model (Powershot S 120).  As of today, it's nice, not having to pull the card and use a card reader every time.  I 

Rutlap--I'm sorry the update didn't work for your G7 X.  As for your OS, no doubt you're up to date with Mac OS 10.12.3.  The next version is now in beta.  I don't know if that is good news or bad news for us.

Frequent Contributor

So that there will be no misunderstanding:

Wireless CameraWindow is not working for my G7 X with Mac OS X v10.12.3 Sierra (and has not been working for a long time).  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Hovewer when connecting the G7 X to my Mac with a USB-cable, CameraWindow will work without a hitch with Mac OS X v10.12.3 Sierra (and has done so for a long time).

Frequent Contributor

The Canon CameraWindow DC 8.10.10b updade from today 2/22/17 is STILL NOT COMPATIBLE WITH macOS Sierra 10.12 Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

In the Canon release notes it says: „Wi-Fi connection is not available with 10.11/10.12“   Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Why is Canon ignoring the WiFi compatibility issue with macOS Sierra 10.12?