cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF465dw: Front Single Tray feeder not working

ritkar2
Apprentice

I just purchased the Imageclass MF465dw.  I can not seem to figure out how to get the single feeder tray in the front to work.  I dropped down the panel and put a blank check there but when I click on Print, the printer doesnt take the check.  Instead, it prints from the paper tray.  The HP printers I have had all automatically prints from the feeder tray, if there is paper there.  Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm at work and don't have any MF's nearby.  I do have a bunch of IR's though.

shadowsports_0-1714516046257.png

What does your paper source show?

This might also be influenced by the application you are printing your checks from?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It was on Auto so I changed it to Multi-Purpose Tray....now it beeps every time I print and I have to choose the paper type.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I just want to be able to print from either one and, like other printers, have the printer automatically print from the correct area without issues.

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I found a copy of the Instruction Guide online. Unfortunately, I need to shut down for the night, so I can't scan the document until tomorrow.

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-8695-zz-SSM-460-enUS/contents/devu-basicope.html

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I believe this might have to do with the application he is printing from.  I asked for this information previously? QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc.  We need to understand the environment.

He may need to register a customer paper size for the multi-purpose feeder as individual checks are not a "standard" paper size.  Not sure if this is a full page of checks or an individual check?

I already had the user guide, thanks 😃

Setting the Paper Size and Type for the Multi-purpose Tray - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - ...

shadowsports_0-1714658036905.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

🙂

Announcements